Friday, June 22, 2012

Dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA

So I came home today and there in the fridge was a 4 pack of Dogfish head 90 minute IPA. I have had this beer before but wanted to get a review up for it. This beer is a slightly hoppier and maltier version of the 60 minute IPA made by Dogfishhead. I usually find reasons to pick up the 60 minute as often as I can so it was a pleasant surprise to come home to a pack of the 90 the other day. With the increased hops and malt sweetness comes an increase in the alcohol warmth that you start to feel with higher octane beers. This beer is blended well though so no one feature overpowers another. I wouldn't consider this any sort of session beer as it's pretty aggressive. I had two in one night and that was enough. I hope to try the 120 Minute here shortly to see the full range of this beer. I am almost wondering if the 90 is its own beer it a blend of the 60 and 120. Probably the former if I had to wager. This beer gets a 7/10 for me. Drinkable, smooth, but a tad sweet for my taste buds.


No comments: